Portrait parties bring together friends and family for professional portraits taken in a relaxed, natural environment.
These sessions give everyone a custom portrait experience with One Moment One Shot Photography along with some extra perks.
Portrait Parties are great for people who:
* want professional photos taken of their children or themselves.
* need updated photos of themselves or their children (have you and a bunch of your friends recently become engaged?–host an engagement portrait party!)
* have always wanted to try a portrait session but without the larger investment
* want a fun way to bond with friends
What is a Portrait Party?
A portrait party is an event hosted at a specific location (park, beach, etc.) or home where One Moment One Shot Photography will take professional portraits for you and your friends in mini-sessions. Mini-sessions are more than enough time for any little ones and enough time to capture some beautiful photographs.
How do they work?
Portrait Parties are hosted by one person who provides or sets the location, coordinates the guest list, and schedules the date and time in coordination with me.
Party time! I will take your guests’ portraits while you entertain or host an open-house type event or if we are outdoors it can be a picnic or BBQ!
Does everyone have to stay the whole time? Of course not! As long as they are there for their moment to shine for the cameras, they can come and go whenever. In fact, you don’t have to stay the entire time either.
I deliver the images to your guests within 12-14 business days after the session via an online gallery where they can download their images in high-resolution.
In addition to prints, lots of fun photo items and gifts are available. I will bring samples with me to your party. Many of my products are items you cannot just purchase online and are available through a photographer only, so this is a great opportunity to view products that not everyone has.
Hostess receives $25 in print credits to the One Moment One Shot Photography for every person that attends the party.
Your guests receive:
- A Mini custom photo session
- pre-party styling and consultation
- Private Facebook group for lots of fun discussion prior to the party (Rodney K. Gary will host a LIVE Q+A session if needed)
- endless amount of backdrops (for in home parties) and props provided by One Moment One Shot Photography.
- online gallery of all the best images with high-res digital downloads via an online gallery
- 20% off their next full session with One Moment One Shot Photography (excludes mini-sessions or other portrait parties)
The total cost for each guest’s session is only $75 (this is a HUGE offer but if you want to split your comped session with your guests to bring down their cost even more, you can!)
Sign me up!
First, make out a potential guest list. We require at least 5 people (so 6 with the host) to participate in the parties with a maximum of 20. Discuss dates with your guests to see which dates will work best for all of you. Think of the best location (Spring & Summer make parks and backyards work lovely). Once your date is set you can put together an invitation by email, Facebook or evite–however you want.
What if it rains? If it rains One Moment One Shot will offer a backup date if it was planned for outdoors. Remember, each guest receives a 20% of a full session coupon with One Moment One Shot Photography and they can schedule an outdoor session at a later date.
- Father’s Day gifts & Mother’s Day gifts
- Princesses & Pirates
- Mommy and Me
- Holidays (Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Easter, 4th of July)
- Girls night out with professional headshots for Linked-In, social media, etc.
- Engagements-Grab a bunch of your friends who are about to tie the knot and make an evening of it.
- Maternity- have a mommy group you belong to? What a great way to get together with other friends and have your bump photographed.
- These themes are not limited and One Moment One Shot can create any type of portrait party you want. Contact us for more information.
Tips for a Successful Host
- Have snacks (it keeps the little ones busy who are waiting for their turn). You can provide snacks yourself or do it potluck style have have everyone bring a little something to share.
- Let your guests know they aren’t required to stay the whole time.
- Follow up with your guests with reminders
Please let guests know that session fee payment in full is required to hold their spot. If guests have to cancel they have the option of selling their spot to another friend, or using what they paid towards a full session with One Moment One Shot Photography.
** Please note that portrait sessions are not for newborns because newborn sessions require a full session at 2-3 hours. Of course I welcome siblings so if you have a newborn that you would like in a photo with an older child we can do that, but unfortunately there is not enough time for newborn posing, etc.