Best Man Wedding Speech Tips
Delivering a perfect best man wedding speech is a challenging responsibility for many men. While developing such a Best Man’s Speech, one of the main dilemmas many “Best Men” face is to decide on whether to crack everyone up or to keep it safe and serious. There are many people who are not good at public speaking and doing so makes them nervous. And if such people were asked to be the best man or the maid of honor at the wedding, he/she may panic. But is it such a big job to deliver a speech to the public? No! You can also deliver a great speech, you are fearing as you haven’t tried to deliver one before. What you need to do to give a good speech at the wedding is some preparation and be aware of the subject you are going to talk about. If you are well aware of the topic you can easily give a great wedding speech – here “best man wedding speech” – and keep the interest of your audience.
This article tries to help you in this regard and here are a few tips that could aid one to prepare a best man wedding speech.
· Prepare yourself for what you are going to say. Take your time to think about what you want others to know about the groom and the bride, and what you wish them for their future.
· It is always a good idea to write it out (it is not necessary for you to carry the written point to the wedding, but writing is always appreciated as it will help you to remember and note the points once more)
· Identify yourself and your relationship with the groom and bride. This is quite important as everyone will not be aware of who you are.
· Speak clearly, slowly, and loud enough that everyone needs to hear what you are speaking.
· Start your speech by thanking the parents of the groom and bride if they have paid for the event. If the groom and bride are footing the bill themselves, don’t forget to thank them for organizing such an event and inviting everyone to share the occasion.
· It is also a good idea to tell a story, funny one-liner or a joke, or use an inspirational quote.
· Let your guard down. It is ok to show your emotions. This is one of your good friend's weddings, if not your best friends. It is even ok to cry or become emotional.
· Keep your best man wedding speech short, to say 5 to 10 minutes.
· Finally, end the speech with a message of hope and congratulate the proud groom and blushing bride.